April showers bring May flowers! Wet Weather Safety.
- Be sure to stay at a safe following distance between you and the vehicle in front of you. (4 second gap is what is usually recommended!)
- Always obey the speed limit, we even recommend driving a little slower in the rain especially when the roads are slick and wet!
- Turn on your headlights when driving in rainy weather.
- Make sure your windshield wipers are in proper working order; change the wiper blades before the rainy seasons start.
- Always give yourself more time to arrive to your destination during bad weather. Avoid the traffic and stay safe!
What to do when you hydroplane!
- First up, do not panic and remember that you control the vehicle.
- Release brake/accelerator. Do not have your foot on any of the pedals.
- Steer the vehicle in the direction you want to go without accelerating or braking.
- Once you’ve regained control, then you may lightly start to accelerate again.
Remember to always be safe on the road to protect yourself and other people!
Also remember, to move over and slow down for tow trucks that are rescuing someone on the road!
Thank you for reading our tips & tricks!